So, I want a professional to photograph my wedding…What do I do next?
- Visit several photographers.
- Look at their sample albums.
- Pay attention to your emotional response to the photography and to the communication skills of the photographer.
- Look for high technical quality too.
- Once you have decided on a photographer whose work has meaning to you, discuss prices, deposits, packages, quantity of pictures and so on.
Fine wedding photography should stand the passage of time, providing years of memories and joy. Now that you’ve planned a beautiful day, let Julio Larregoity Photography capture the images for you.
We will professionally and artistically photograph your wedding, blending a touch of our style and technique with a lot of your own personality and taste. After all, every wedding is different, and yours is the most important one of all!By now you may have already set your photography budget and found a few studios with superb craftsmanship. With so many possibilities, how do you know you are choosing the right one?
Simple—talk to the Photographer! Discuss your plans and expectations and ask for advice and feedback. In the end, hire the person with whom you feel the most comfortable. All else being equal, the personality of the photographer will determine if the picture-taking is exciting and fun or merely a chore. Weddings can be hectic, but the right photographer can help make your day run more smoothly.
At Julio Larregoity Photography , we understand that you want a friendly, caring, unobtrusive photographer who will contribute to the overall success of your day. Our job is to provide the best possible pictures…your job is to enjoy the wedding!
Long after your wedding day is over your wedding photos will serve as a reminder of the love, magic and excitement of the day. Insure that your wedding images are of the highest quality by choosing a full time professional wedding photographer you can trust & have fun with.
1. Look for a photographer that you truly like their particular style of photography. There are a wide range of styles available for you to choose from. The two most popular styles are currently ‘Traditional’ and ‘Photojournal’ / ‘Contemporary’. Traditional is all about doing perfectly staged poses with very few or no candids. Photojournal or Contemporary is more about capturing undirected, spontaneous emotion and expression to tell the story as it happens with little or no direct photographer involvement. A note to look for: Just because someone says their style is photojournalistic doesn’t necessarily make it so. There IS a difference between candid snapshots and true photojournalistic images. Just because a photographer takes a few images in black and white doesn’t automatically make them a photojournalist. Look for someone that specializes in and has extensive experience in your favorite style. A few studios, like The Perfect Image, offer a proportionate blend of both. Look for a photographer that evokes an emotional response from you with their images. If they can do that with the photos from a strangers wedding, just think what they can do for yours! View sample photos with your heart as well as with your eyes.
2. Look for a photographer that you really “click” with personality wise. Other than your bride or groom, there is nobody you spend more time with on your wedding day than the photographer. Make sure it’s someone you can have fun with and truly enjoy working with throughout your special day. It should go without saying that you actually need to MEET with this person so don’t contract with a studio until you know exactly who you will be spending your day with. Contrary to what many photographers may think, photography should NOT be the most important part of your day. However, having a great time and experiencing all the love and emotion of that day IS. Don’t spend it with someone you really don’t care for just because they are cheap!
3. Last but not least, of those that meet the above two requirements, then and only then shop for price and package options. Set an approximate budget for how much you want to invest in your wedding photography but don’t be afraid to go slightly over or under if you find the perfect photographer for your specific tastes.
Planning your wedding and choosing all the best vendors can be both challenging and exciting. A unique situation for most couples. Hopefully this has helped shed some light for you on the field of wedding photography and will help you sort out the range of prices available.Selecting the best photographer based upon your particular tastes will have the longest lasting impact on your wedding memories of any other pre-wedding decision you will make. We hope these suggestions will help you in making that difficult choice.
If by now you feel I’m the right choice for you , start here…